Doing more with less energy – benefits you, your country, and the world. To save energy is to save to money, with just a few simple changes to your lifestyle and your home, you could be saving hundreds of pounds on your heating, gas and electricity bills. With very small lifestyle changes you can save energy, and money.
Quick Tips to Save Energy!
With global warming on peak and everyday climate change, saving energy isn’t just about being environmentally conscious – it’s a necessity.
Smart Living – Save Energy
- Close unused air vents: The air cycling through your ducts is the also same air that completely fills your living environment and it is the same air that you and your family breathe. As such, you want this air to be as clean as possible by getting duct cleaning Melbourne. If you have central air conditioning, you can close air vent in rooms you’re not using so you’re not paying to cool them. Regular air conditioning repair and maintenance will also ensure the energy-efficiency of your AC system. Have your ac tuned-up regularly, call the ac tune up services available in Tucson, AZ and other similar services.
- Be Heating Efficient: Keep your heating on constantly on a low than switching it on and off for big blasts of heat which could potentially save you more money and saves energy too. Getting the right residential heating repair to make sure your heating systems are up to date.
- Get Cozy: Putting an extra blanket on the bed means you won’t be tempted to turn the heating up, Wearing more jumpers, socks and slippers around the house will help you to stay warm and saves energy.
- Pressure Control: You’d be surprised how much water you use – sometimes even more than a bath. Turn the pressure down on the power shower.
- Stock up: If you’re going to use the oven, bake a few meals at a time to get the most out of having your oven on.
- Smart Utensils: Use copper-bottomed pots and pans that use heat more efficiently when cooking on the stove.
- Match Them: Match your pot size to the burner on your stove. Heat is lost when small pots are used on large burners.
- Choose energy-efficient appliances: They don’t just save energy and money, but they’re good for the environment because they use less energy. The top rated home services company in Las Vegas Air Pro Master would be the ideal company for your HVAC needs.
- Dishwasher Trick: Avoid pre-rinsing the dishes in hot water. Save water and energy by just scraping the dishes before they go in.
- Optimum Use: Empty space in your fridge or freezer wastes not only space but energy too. Keep them full to make sure they don’t work as hard and therefore use less energy.
- Hang up your laundry. Air-dry your laundry rather than tumble drying it, nothing smells better than air-dried clothes.
- Save yourself ironing time. Take your clothes out of the dryer before they’re completely dry – they’ll iron much quicker and you’ll use less energy on your drier.
- Switch it off and save.Unplug all the appliances that you aren’t using regularly – even chargers continue to use electricity when they aren’t charging.
- Roof Smart: Keep your roof lasting longer. Reflective roofs not only reduce heat buildup, they also prevent the expansion and contraction that degrade roofs.
- Window access: Install high-performance windows with double-glazing and spectrally selective coatings that reduces heat gain and avoid cranking up your AC.
- Let the Sun Shine in: On a sunny day, opening your curtains will let warmth into your house, also it will keep the rooms warmer at night.
- Solar Panels: Having solar panels and residential solar hot water installation on your house could save you as much as a third on your electricity bills. Check the Best Solar Panel Companies – Vacaville, CA Local Solar Company | Ambrose Solar for more information.
- Lamp Shades: Select light-colored or opaque lamp shades by Olympia Lighting. Place lamps in corners so they reflect light from two walls.
- Use motion-detector lights for all your outdoor lighting – they’re convenient and efficient.
- Last but not the least – Plant Trees to provide , to keep your surroundings clean and to save energy!