Sitting whole day staring into the laptop and sleeping late at night (Work or Party! It seriously doesn’t matter) is kind off routine for us 30+ working girls. Well, while we are snailing through this super lively life with lots to do, one thing we most certainly have forgotten – Our Mind -Body Balance.
I love reading health and fitness blogs regularly. My favorite at the moment is Fitness Clone.
A guide for Yoga Beginners!
Well, as a yoga beginner, all I can say is that I can feel the change and for once I want to get up for something. It sounds fantastic but why should one do yoga and not just hit the gym old-fashioned way (Yes! Yoga is the new in thing). Consider buying some gym equipment, like some squat racks and yoga pants for women, for an effective workout with your Yoga exercises..
Well, as a Yoga beginner all I can say is that working out in open space is much more relaxing than getting tangled in super nice machines.
Now, before you get your Yoga Mat ready, check if it is meant for you. Yoga can definitely help everyone but their are number of misconceptions about this ancient technique, let’s have a look –
- Yoga Mat is the most important investment you will make for your life.
- It is not just physical stretching and strengthening, It is as good as exercise for the Mind. It is a brilliant way to connect your body, heart and mind so that you can gain total health
- Yoga is a great staring exercise for beginners if you’re trying to reach that beach bod on your body simulator. It is not weight reduction exercise, it helps you gain optimum weight, flexibility and increases your sense of happiness and well being.
- It is not a cult – Many people find doing ‘namaste’ awkward, it is not some religious thing in fact very simply it means; the light in me honors the light in you, and when we are both in that place of light, we are one.
- Savasana or resting pose doesn’t mean just resting the body, it is an art of being still. The only thing that should matter to yogis is the present moment and everything has to be left behind.
- It is not just about asanas, it is about mantras, meditation and getting in touch with your emotions and soul.
Check out Myths About Yoga – An interview with Sadhguru, Isha Foundation, Click Here
There are few things I have realized attending a Yoga Class which may sound absurd but are really effective –
- First off, in initial days, yoga is nothing like what we watch on Youtube channels. For the first few days, it’s just simple exercises to get your body ready for actual yoga. Don’t rush! Practice each and every thing with a deep breath.
- As a beginner, go for personal lessons rather than studio classes. In larger class sizes (20+), it’s more difficult to provide individual attention. If you’re interested to become a yoga instructor, it’s best to enroll yourself in professional yoga classes that teach you how to teach others.
- Makes You Look Crazy – As a newbie, chanting and contorting body can be really awkward. Especially if you are in group finding your own space and working as per your pace might be difficult in the beginning and you can rush to complete the tasks. After a while you will get into the rhythm and this would be an amazing journey.
- Pose you hate might seem like an eternity – Yoga is all about stillness and concentration, if you hate a specific pose it might be that your body is in need of it more than ever and when you stretch it asks for more. I have experienced the same with leg stretching exercises, but after initial week you will be mentally and physically prepared, have patience.
- Yoga is not a trend but passion for healthy lifestyle, if you are doing it just because your best friend is doing it than you are not fit for it. Learn what makes you love this beautiful technique and you will follow it for the long time.
- Don’t compare yourself with next person, your body, your mental state and your limits are yours so if person next to you is better in poses and certain exercises don’t be frightened, go with your body’s pace and enjoy the moment.
- Back bending poses in yoga can feel strange at first but exploring the poses are a way to open the heart and get rid of back pain as these chiropractors noted. There are many aspects to chiropractic care, see more about Meier Family Chiropractic so it can be easy to know how to choose the right chiropractic clinic for you, .
- Savasana or corpse pose might seem like an easy task but letting go of your mind & body is much more difficult, understand and embrace this most effective pose.
- Breathing is the key to Yoga, in fact you will see the difference from the first lesson itself, every breath you take will become important to you. I personally feel that it is one of the most ignored aspects of our being and the most important one.
- Read more on how to get rid of back pain on https://thehealthmania.com/erase+my+back+pain+review.
- It is 1% theory and 99% practice
Everything can’t be sorted with Yoga, there are certain situations when you should avoid yoga (but don’t stop practicing mind exercises) –
- If you have just had a surgical procedure, have persistent joint pain or grave injury, give your body time to heal.
- Yoga is not for anyone who wants to show off, unlike other form of exercises yoga will bring changes slowly. So if its just quick route to getting in shape, take on cycling.
- It teaches us that you should always listen to your body and no matter how addictive it is don’t do yoga when you are sick.
Can you do yoga during periods?
Well, every woman experiences periods differently there’s no one prescription as to whether you can do yoga. Of course, if you feel up to it, you can. But, if you’re feeling lousy and bleeding heavily, you might choose to skip on your worst days.
Yoga teaches us to listen to the body, at the root of yoga is self-inquiry. Everything we do, whether it’s a pose, a mantra or a breathing technique it has the purpose of connecting bodies and mind for better life. Let’s Live Impressive!!