Contemporary furniture is always a mix of experimental and experiential, but rarely does it have enough room for quirky eclecticness. However, the Beetle chair is a great denouement of all these qualities. It’s sleek, elegant, sophisticated, and you get to have fun with it thanks to its multi-hued upholsteries.
Ever since its conception in 2013, it has been turning heads of furniture and design connoisseurs all over the world, and you can even find it in famous places all over the world. Let’s journey through the fame, fate, and firsts of this pioneering contemporary furniture piece:
Every product design is the conclusion of a long story, the culmination of hard work, and the essence of innovative experimentation. The Beetle chair is one of the most iconic pieces of modern furniture you’ll ever find, so here’s a look at how it came into being:
This chair is the brainchild of the Danish-Italian duo known as GamFratesi – plurally known as Stine Gam and Enrico Fratesi. In their studio based in Copenhagen, these architects like to take inspiration from both traditional and contemporary trends. Their unique cross-cultural attitude is complemented well with their experimental approach with material and techniques, and that’s exactly how they came up with the design of the Beetle chair.
The initial inspiration for this chair was taken from the anatomy and visuals of a beetle. The minimalist execution of the seat is an abstract articulation of the beetle’s exterior while the slender chair legs resemble that of the insect’s. This chair became an instant phenomenon and has now been reimagined into a whole new collection. There’s a beetle dining chair, a lounge chair, a swivel chair, and even a bar stool.
It’s also available in a number of styles that let you choose between an upholstered front, an upholstered seat, or even a fully upholstered body. You can variate between colors and patterns of your choice as well!
Why Choose The Beetle Chair?
The Beetle chair is a paradox of simple and artistic, but if you need more reasons to go for it, here are a few:
- Visually versatile: As you know, there are a number of varieties in the upholstery combinations of this chair. You can pick unique patterns and colors to match it with your home interiors.
- Functionally versatile: This chair can be featured in a diverse range of functional spaces, such as restaurant interiors, bedrooms, home offices, and living rooms. It’s suitable for both public as well as personal spaces. This pramatic aspect makes it a total must-have for every home.
- Sculptural beauty: The unique way that GamFratesti have translated the anataomy of the bug in the design of this chair exudes a sculptural beauty that is rarely ever found in contemporary furniture pieces.
- Simple but impactful: The simplicity of the Beetle chair is one of its most excellent qualities, but that doesn’t make it any less impactful. In fact, this unadorned beauty is what makes it absolutely statement worthy. The quiet, understated elegance of its aesthetic is absolutely sophisticated.
- Highly comfortable: The anthropometry of this chair fits seamlessly against the contours of the body. It’s highly comfortable and makes for a realxed sitting experience.
Points To Keep In Mind Before Purchase
Are you ready to make the purchase yet? Well here are a few things to keep in mind before you do so:
- Multiple or freestanding: The first thing you must ask yourself is whether you need just one piece or multiple. If you’re thinking of pairing up the Beetle chair with a dining table, then you’ll definitely need multiple pieces, but if you want to create a reading nook, then just one chair would be enough.
- Theme of your home: The second thing to keep in mind before making the purchase is the theme or style of your interior designs. Will the chair complement the overall ambiance? Can it be used for contrast? Will it be an accent piece? Know the purpose before locking down the final purchase.
- Patternd or not: While the Beetle chair was initially just developed in single-tone upholstery colors, these days you can go for patterns as well. However, be careful about the visual clutter – go for plain upholstery if the rest of your ambiance is too kitschy, and vice versa.
What Styles To Pair It With
Here are a few interior design styles you can pair up your Beetle chair with:
- Minimalist: The understated beauty of the minimalist aesthetic can be a great counterpart to the restrained luxury of the Beetle chair.
- Contemporary: The sculptural aesthetic of the Beetle chair is the perfect way to introduce some eclectic vibes in a contemporary ambiance!
- Modern: The Beetle chair can add some tonal contrast to the neutral palette of a typical modern style interor design.
- Eclectic: A gorgeously patterend Beetle chair can introduce a lot of charisma and quirkiness in an eclectiic interior design!
As you can see, the Beetle chair is the ultimate versatile option for furnishing your homes with. It’s perfect for both unique as well as simple settings, and all of its curved and edges tell a story, so it has an excellent presence within spaces.
Image Credits: Beetle Chair from ImageFlow /Shutterstock