Moving can be quite the exciting journey, especially if you’re going to your dream house. Unfortunately, moving isn’t just “going” to your new house, it’s actually transferring your belongings from your old house to your new one – and this can really be quite the bummer. After all, it’s not easy packing, transferring, and unpacking things, especially if they involve furniture and other forms of both light and heavy objects. Moving doesn’t have to be daunting, though. In fact, moving is something you can realistically do – and stress free – with the help of residential movers!
Take notes on what you want to move. Make a list of the things you’re actually going to move to your new home. These include not only furniture, but also accessories, decorations, and other materials. The earlier you decide on these things, the easier it is for you and your local movers to pack them.
- Make an inventory of the things you own. You can do this per room, or other categories you have. Make sure your documents or papers are placed inside mailing tubes so that it can withstand the stress of the moving process and you can take care of it properly throughout the move.
- This inventory is also a good way for you to organize other things related to your move, such as garage sales, and even a handy way of showing your commercial movers what you want them to move for you.
Buy your packing equipment as early as possible. If you already have your inventory on hand, try to assess what sort of packing equipment you need to buy. This at least allows you to only worry about your schedule when it comes to the move proper. This also saves you time, since instead of worrying about shopping, you can spend more time to pack. You can buy or even rent out hand trucks as a practical solution for moving around those heavy appliances and fixtures.
- According to the movers bronx if you have fragile things such as glass and porcelain belongings, try to ensure you stock up on bubble wrap, foam, and other protective packing materials.
- Make sure you have more boxes than what you think can handle the things you own, so you always have extra for emergencies.
- You can try to ask residential movers what sort of packing equipment is needed for the kind of things you own.
Make packing into a family activity. What better way of bonding with your family than doing things together? You can do this by transforming packing into a family activity. Instead of just packing alone, try to delegate tasks to your family members. You can also dedicate an entire day or two for packing, and for other preparations.
- Dedicate a schedule
for your packing, and try to make the schedule into a day that’s not disruptive
of your family routine. If you have Sundays for family day, try to make “family
day” into packing day. This saves a lot of time.
- Try to delegate family members to pack certain parts of the house. This at least lets people in the house multitask.
- Remember to teach your other family members how you want things to be packed, especially if you want your packed objects to have a uniform layout.
Don’t hesitate to hire a mover. Depending on your location, you can actually hire home removals ascot and moving companies to assist in your move. If you’re in New York, moving companies NYC can actually make your move much easier by ensuring the safe and efficient transfer of your belongings to your new home.
- Try checking out moving companies that provide services in both your area, and to your new home, if you have fragile items that need to be moved such as a piano, then make sure to hire a piano moving company. They might cost a bit in terms of budget, but they are also professionally trained to ensure your belongings are safely transferred.
- If you do decide to communicate with them, ensure that their rates and quotations are exact. Try asking if they have expenses “outside” the quotation, so you can expect whether or not there are extra payments such as for food and gas.
Stress-Free Moving: It’s All About Planning
With the tips above, it’s important to remember that moving can be made quite easy if you plan your trip accordingly and hire professional movers ahead of time. The more intricate the plan and the more accurate you follow it, the easier things can be on your end. Long distance movers can be reliable partners for such an endeavor, and integrating them well into your plan can make it much easier for you to do your move without much hassle.
Image credit: moving home via archideaphoto/shutterstock